PolicyPak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Managing Zone Specific Settings in IE

2 posters

Go down

Managing Zone Specific Settings in IE Empty Managing Zone Specific Settings in IE

Post  PManson Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:04 pm

I am testing with the Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 Pak (607 CSE, Pak 18:44:15 01/02/14), but I remember this occurring with other IE Paks as well. It appears there is no way to access zone specific settings found on the Security tab.

For example, I want to have Protected Mode on for the Internet zone, and off for the Intranet zone, however the gui element shown for PM is only for the Internet zone in the PP settings screen. The zone picker there appears to be just an image and not a functional element. There's a ton of other zone specific settings which aren't accessible either.

Anyone else run into this? Is there a way to access them?

Thanks!

PManson

Back to top Go down

Managing Zone Specific Settings in IE Empty They're not accessible at this time.

Post  jeremym Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:28 pm

There's no secret unlock switch there. They are not available at this time. The way those settings are written, per zone requires different magic than is currently available in the engine.

We are looking to enhance the reach of that area in the future, but nothing specific on the roadmap at this moment.
jeremym
jeremym

Back to top Go down

Managing Zone Specific Settings in IE Empty Thanks!

Post  PManson Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:41 pm

Thanks for the update!

PManson

Back to top Go down

Managing Zone Specific Settings in IE Empty Re: Managing Zone Specific Settings in IE

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down