PolicyPak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PolicyPak not funtioning with Windows XP

2 posters

Go down

PolicyPak not funtioning with Windows XP Empty PolicyPak not funtioning with Windows XP

Post  mvpatrick Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:02 pm

I have installed PolicyPak CSE and the GP CSE for Windows. I then launch Firefox, but the PolicyPak settings are not enforced. I am not currently using ILT. What am I missing here? Thanks.

Also, I did verify that the "Firefox" GPO is being applied (gpresult).

I might have found the issue. The PP License GPO was at the root of the Domain. Do I also need to link it to each OU?

Also, are the Windows GP CSE required for PolicyPak?

mvpatrick

Back to top Go down

PolicyPak not funtioning with Windows XP Empty About Licensing and CSE

Post  jeremym Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Here's a blog posting about the licensing to help you understand it better: http://www.policypak.com/blog/entry/why-does-policypak-licensing-ask-who-am-i-and-where-do-i-want-to-use-it.html

In short.. two options:

1. Option 1: Wherever the LT utility installs the license (where you said you EVER wanted to use it; not where you ARE using it).. that's the IDEAL location. Then use ENFORCED upon the GP Link to prevent a (later) block inheritance from preventing the license.

2. Option 2: Link over to specific OUs. That will work too if you dont want to link it higher (Option 1.).

To answer the second part: You only need the GPPreferences CSE installed on XP if you want to take advantage of Item Level Targeting support. PolicyPak utilizes the GPPreferences CSE for ILT support. Without it, all ILTs will evaluate as TRUE.

Let me know if this helps you out.. ! Thanks !

Also.. If neither helps you out, run PPLOGS on that target XP machine, and we send the ZIP to support@policypak.com. Thanks !
jeremym
jeremym

Back to top Go down

PolicyPak not funtioning with Windows XP Empty Re: PolicyPak not funtioning with Windows XP

Post  mvpatrick Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:51 pm

We are not currently using ILT.

I placed the license file at the root of the domain and set it to "enforced"

I sent the PPlogs along as well.

Thanks.

mvpatrick

Back to top Go down

PolicyPak not funtioning with Windows XP Empty Closing the loop on this.

Post  jeremym Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:48 am

In case anyone is reading this thread.. :-)

I got the logs and .. all was well actually.

The final "run" int he logs showed PP working perfectly configuring Firefox on XP.

So.. basically case closed without anything to do required. :-)
jeremym
jeremym

Back to top Go down

PolicyPak not funtioning with Windows XP Empty Re: PolicyPak not funtioning with Windows XP

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down