PolicyPak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't laugh - Flash Player on Windows 7 64-bit

2 posters

Go down

Don't laugh - Flash Player on Windows 7 64-bit Empty Don't laugh - Flash Player on Windows 7 64-bit

Post  meanoldman Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:19 pm

This is merely an observation. Maybe I missed this someplace and everybody else already realized this.

I was playing with disabling Flash features at a User level and couldn't seem to get it to work. Windows 7 64-bit. All other Paks have worked perfectly (at a computer level) on Win7 64-bit, so I was left scratching my head about why this was fighting me.

Anyway, I had configured a GPO using the Pak for Flash for 64-bit systems due to the fact this was for 64-bit computers. I tried the test suggested in the Quickstart Guide where you prohibit access to the Control Panel to determing if 'regular' GP settings work, and that worked fine. Still nothing seemed to work involving the Pak, so I looked again and realized Flash Player (32-bit) is installed since we use the 32-bit Internet Explorer on these computers. So I configured a GPO for the Flash Pak for 32-bit systems and low and behold success.

Maybe this was obvious, but it didn't click in my head right off the bat. Hopefully this will be of help to somebody along the line.

meanoldman

Back to top Go down

Don't laugh - Flash Player on Windows 7 64-bit Empty Indeed.. PolicyPak has two paks.

Post  jeremym Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:26 pm

PolicyPak ships two paks in the FLASH folder: One for 32-bit Flash and one for 64-bit flash.

It's good that you helped express that this could be a problem if you're not super careful.

Thanks a bunch !
jeremym
jeremym

Back to top Go down