PolicyPak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Capturing and Controlling Windows 7 Settings

2 posters

Go down

Capturing and Controlling Windows 7 Settings Empty Capturing and Controlling Windows 7 Settings

Post  Mindwipe Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:49 pm

PolicyPak comes with a few preconfigured paks for things like controlling mouse settings or the start menu and taskbar. Is it possible to use it for things like the mmc? I have not had much luck so far.

I've been trying to hide drives just using group policy so far and success has been hit or miss. I was attempting to use the design studio and Policypak to affect this change through the mmc and local policy objects. No luck so far.

Mindwipe

Back to top Go down

Capturing and Controlling Windows 7 Settings Empty PP's function..

Post  jeremym Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:24 pm

So, PPAM isn't meant to hide drives. We manage applications.
And the PPAM Design Studio does its best work when application have Tools | Options or Edit | Preferences types of pages.

So, I'm not preceisely sure what you're trying to do; but if it's not something in that ballpark, PPAM and the DS isn't going to be the best choice.

The Control Panel applets are basically mini-applications which *ACT* like Tools | Options, so PPAM works great with those.

Final thought: Since PPAM cannot (and isn't trying) to hide drive letters using GPOs, try this KB on for size: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231289

jeremym
jeremym

Back to top Go down