PolicyPak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Item level targeting with Win XP

2 posters

Go down

Item level targeting with Win XP Empty Item level targeting with Win XP

Post  sdonegan Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi, I was wondering if anyone was having trouble with item level targeting for Windows XP. I started playing around with ILT last week, targeting for registry keys and I could not get it to work properly, meaning the pak would not get applied when the condition was true. Figuring I was doing misconfiguring the registry ILT somehow, I simply targeted for OS = XP, which didn't work either. I then tested ILT on a Windows 7 machine, and targeting works as expected, targeting for OS=Win7. I have also targeted for only a registry key for Windows 7, and that works, so I know that I am setting this up correctly.

I've tried different packs (not application specific), different XP machines (not specific to one machine), different GPOs (for possible GPO corruption?). As soon as I uncheck "enable targeting" in the pak settings for the XP machines, the pack starts working as expected. All clients are on CSE build 537, so they are new enough to understand targeting.

I wasn't sure if this had something to do with the Pak being configured on my Win7 admin console. I tried configuring the pak on an XP admin console machine I had setup, but when I click on "Edit ILT filters" from within the pak, I get a "Please install (Windows) RSAT tools on this PC" - which isn't available for XP unfortunately.
Suggestions? Am I missing something obvious?.

Thanks!
Sean

sdonegan

Back to top Go down

Item level targeting with Win XP Empty Do you have the GPPrefs on your XP machine?

Post  jeremym Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:15 pm

Our ILT functionally requires that target machines already have the Microsoft GP Preferences CSE installed. If they're not installed, the OS (or whatever) cannot be evaluated.

The Microsoft CSE is already on win7 target machines and only needs to be there for XP or 2003 machines. Is a free download from Microsoft.

let me know. Thanks.
jeremym
jeremym

Back to top Go down

Item level targeting with Win XP Empty That was it

Post  sdonegan Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:03 pm

GP Prefs CSE is now installed, and ILT is working.
Thanks!
Sean

sdonegan

Back to top Go down

Item level targeting with Win XP Empty Re: Item level targeting with Win XP

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum